John R. Hill
A recognized leader in medical malpractice defense and health law, John Hill has dedicated his more than 25-year career to representing healthcare professionals and organizations. He has successfully defended healthcare professionals across a broad spectrum of specialties, including medical doctors, podiatrists, nurses, hospitals and nursing and rehabilitation centers throughout all stages of litigation in medical malpractice claims.
Mr. Hill also represents physicians in disciplinary actions and investigations by the Commonwealth’s Licensing Boards including the Pennsylvania Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs, the Pennsylvania Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement and Administrative Agencies.
Mr. Hill has achieved many notable accomplishments in his distinguished litigation career, including:
- A 2016 defense verdict for an ER physician in Northampton County in an emotionally charged medical malpractice trial involving the tragic death of a 15-year old who died within 2 hours of leaving a local hospital.
- A 2015 defense verdict in the Lehigh Valley for two family physicians in a failure to provide timely diagnosis in a TMJ syndrome case.
- A 2015 defense verdict in a medical negligence case against a Lehigh Valley podiatrist.
A native of Buffalo, New York, Mr. Hill now resides in the Lehigh Valley where he manages the The Perry Law Firm’s Bethlehem office and he represents clients throughout the Lehigh Valley and across the state of Pennsylvania. He served as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable W. Richard Eshelman of Berks County Court of Common Please from 1988-1989.
Mr. Hill is committed to aggressively defending his clients. He and the team at Perry Law take pride in their successful track record of helping healthcare professionals protect their reputation, livelihood and professional integrity. He believes that specialized experience, custom-designed legal strategies, detailed preparation and skilled teamwork are the keys to a successful defense in a medical maplractice case.
Mr. Hill practices in state, federal and appellate courts throughout Central and Eastern Pennsylvania and has successfully tried in excess of 100 trials to verdict.
- J.D., Duquesne University, 1988
- M.A., East Stroudsburg University, 1986
- B.A., East Stroudsburg University, 1981
- Pennsylvania – 1988
- U.S. Eastern District Court of Pennsylvania – 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit – 1997
- U.S. Middle District Court of Pennsylvania – 2007
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lehigh County Bar Association
- Northampton County Bar Association