Timothy J. Holland
Mr. Holland has litigated claims in the northeast and central regions of Pennsylvania since 1978. Prior to joining The Perry Law Firm, he served as Deputy Counsel in the Pennsylvania Department of Auditor General and was partner at Holland, Brady & Grabowski, P.C. Mr. Holland has extensive experience litigating a wide range of civil claims including personal injury, medical malpractice, commercial litigation and premises liability. He has represented healthcare providers in Pennsylvania in professional liability claims and is particularly experienced in insurance litigation. Mr. Holland is a certified mediator in the U.S. Middle District of Pennsylvania and has been appointed as Special Trial Master in both Luzerne County and Lackawanna County. He is also on the board of directors of the Lackawanna County Bar Association.
Mr. Holland is Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Requirements for board certification include substantial involvement in trials and settlements, participation in continued legal education, a reputation among judges and other lawyers for competence and successful completion of a written examination.
Mr. Holland is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating awarded by this preeminent legal resource. An AV rating indicates legal ability and ethical standards of the highest order. All Martindale-Hubbell ratings are based upon confidential and objective peer review.
Mr. Holland was the former Vice President of the Northeastern Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (“ABOTA”). A requirement for membership of ABOTA is experience trying at least 50 jury trials.
He is also an Adjunct Professor at the University of Scranton, Department of Health Care Administration.
In 2016, Mr. Holland was presented with an Exemplary Service Award by the Lackawanna County Bar Association for his outstanding service to the profession, the community and the bar association.
- J.D., Dickinson School of Law, 1977
- B.A., Mount St. Mary’s College, 1974, Magna Cum Laude
- Pennsylvania – 1978
- U.S. District Court for Middle District of Pennsylvania – 1980
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- American Board of Trial Advocacy (“ABOTA”)- Advocate
- Former Vice-President ABOTA NEPA Section
- Special Trial Master in Luzerne & Lackawanna County
- Certified Mediator for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- National Arbitration and Mediation Mediator
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association Board of Directors
- Lackawanna County Civil Rules Committee
- Wilkes-Barre Law and Library Association
- Member of Health Law Committee- Luzerne County
- Former Solicitor for Area Agency on Aging- Lackaw