Mark T. Perry
Mark Perry has over thirty years experience specializing in complex litigation, including healthcare, commercial, products liability, and class action cases. He has tried more than 100 cases in Pennsylvania and New York in both state and federal courts, in virtually every specialty of medicine, including birth trauma cases. Mr. Perry practiced law with Phillips, Lytle, LLP, in Buffalo, New York, from 1986 through 1991. In 1998, he founded The Perry Law Firm.
Mr. Perry is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Requirements for board certification include substantial involvement in trials and settlements, participation in continued legal education, a reputation among judges and other lawyers for competence, and successful completion of a written examination.
Mr. Perry is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating awarded by this preeminent legal resource.
In 2011, Mr. Perry was elected a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers.
In 2017, Mr. Perry was honored with a lifetime achievement selection as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania.
Mr. Perry has been selected by Philadelphia Magazine as a “Super Lawyer” for 15 consecutive years (2005-2019).
Mr. Perry received the 2010 Exemplary Service Award from The Lackawanna County Bar Association.
Mr. Perry was one of the original members of the Board of Directors of the Medical Education Development Corporation. The work of the MEDC led to the creation of Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, which graduated its first class of physicians in 2013. Mark and other "founders" are honored on a plaque that bears their names in the atrium of the Medical School.
- B.A., St. Bonaventure University, magna cum laude, 1983
- J.D., The National Law Center of George Washington University, with honors, 1986
- Vice Chairman of the Board The Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education
- Board of Directors of The Pennsylvania Defense Institute (2002-2013)
- Board of Directors Medical Education Development Consortium – The Commonwealth Medical College (2004-2008)
- Guest Editorial, Scranton Times, April 7, 2019, "Maintain State's Medical Malpractice Venue Rules."
- “Physician’s Duty to Third Parties” – PDI Counterpoint, Fall, 2000.
- Lecturer, Litigation Counsel of America’s Renaissance Symposium, New York City, November 30, 2018, "Pain and Suffering Damages for Stillborns, An Application of Frye v U.S."
- Panel Member, Medical Marijuana - "What You Need to Know," October 4, 2018, Mohegan Sun, Pocono, Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- Lecturer, Litigation Counsel of America’s Renaissance Symposium, The Harvard Club, New York City, December 2, 2016, “Jury Trials in The Age of The Trump Voter.”
- Lecturer, Surgical Ground Rounds, The Guthrie Clinic, April 9, 2015, “The Apology Rule”
- Lecturer, Medical Grand Rounds, The Guthrie Clinic, April 9, 2015, EMR: “Current Issues and Challenges”
- Lecturer, Trial Tactics Tips and Technologies, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Pittsburgh, April 2015)
- Lecturer, Trial Tactics Tips and Techniques, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Philadelphia, April 2013)
- Lecturer, Trial Tactics Tips and Techniques, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Pittsburgh, April 2013)
- Faculty, The Commonwealth Medical College, An Examination of Medical Ethical Litigation Issues, TCMC and The Lackawanna County Bar Association, Scranton, Pennsylvania (March 2012)
- Faculty, Health Care Reform – What Employers Need to Know. Employment Law Seminar, NBI, Scranton, Pennsylvania (April 2011)
- Lecturer, Trial Tactics Tips and Techniques, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Mechanicsburg, 2011)
- Lecturer, Trial Tactics Tips and Techniques, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Philadelphia, 2011)
- Lecturer, Civil Litigation Developments, 2010, Moderator Judicial Roundtable, Pennsylvania Defense Institute (August 2010)
- Lecturer, Peer Review and Patient Safety – Relationship to Legal Discovery, Risk Management Personnel, Wyoming Valley Health Care System, Inc. (July 2010)
- Lecturer, The Changing Role of Risk Management, The Commonwealth Medical College, Scranton, Pennsylvania (October 2010)
- Faculty, Long Term Care Administration, Role of Government and Health Policy Regulation and Reimbursement, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania (September 2010)
- Faculty, Long Term Care Administration, Role of Government and Health Policy Regulation and Reimbursement, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania (March 2010)